Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Took the Hand and Followed

My dishes went unwashed today
I didn't make my bed.
I took the little hand and followed
Where eager footsteps led.

Oh yes, we went adventuring
My little child and I,
Exploring all the great outdoors
Beneath the sun and sky.

We watched a robin feed her young
We climbed a sunlit hill
Saw white clouds scamper through the sky
We plucked a daffodil.

That my house was so neglected
That I didn't sweep the stairs
In twenty years no one on earth
Will know or really care.

But that I've helped my little child
To adulthood grow
In twenty years the whole wide world
May look, and see, and know.

Author Unknown

I found this little poem and I had to post it. It's the story of my life! So often I feel the overwhelming guilt of a messy house, but when I stop to think about how fast time is flying by I know that time is well spent with my baby. Every single second counts because someday I won't have these precious moments. It makes me tear up to even think about it. Every stage in life is beautiful and fleeting. I am trying to take full advantage of this chapter, the best one of all. Being a mother is the best thing that has ever happened to me!

1 comment:

  1. I read this last week and didn't have time to post a comment but I loved it! I've thought about it several times since and justified spending more time with my babies. Thanks for sharing- I love you!

    ReplyDelete