Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Experimenting with Agave

You can probably gather from the name of this website that I am very excited about agave. It seems too good to be true; even sweeter than sugar, but so much healthier! I am no agave expert... I am in the experimental stages. But through trial and error I am learning. So far I have had great luck with 2 trials and no error. Here are the two recipes I have put together in the past few days with RAVE review from the hubby.

Balsamic Vinagrette:
3 TBLS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 TBLS Balsamic Vinegar
3 TBLS Agave Nectar

Mix well and serve chilled.

That's it!! It was SO yummy. I think it would be good with minced garlic and cracked pepper as well.






Agave Banana Bread:
1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup agave nectar


Mix well. Then add:

1 tsp Mexican Vanilla (or regular, but Mexican is SO much better!)
2 eggs

Mix together. In a separate bowl, combine:

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine dry ingredients with wet. Then fold in:

1/2 cup sour cream
2 medium ripened bananas

Bake in a 9x5 greased pan at 350 (or use convec at 325) Bake for 60 minutes or until a fork comes out clean. Sprinkle with powder sugar.




This recipe usually calls for 1 cup of sugar. It has always been moist, but it was even BETTER with the agave! It was moister (is that a word?) and so delicious.

If you have other agave recipes, please leave them in the comments section and I will post them! ENJOY....

2 comments:

  1. Yay Linds!!! I love your blog, and will totally follow you in your journey! Can't wait to read updates. I'm adding you to my blog scroll. I love agave nectar, and like to add it to my shakes. Your agave banana bread looks divine! Nice work.

    You will love the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited I have one more way to keep tabs on you. I love and miss you~!

    ReplyDelete